Welcome to my first column for MMA Crossfire. It’s called Running the Ropes and I’m honoured to be here to connect with all of you. Training, athletics and athletes who believe in themselves are things I share a fierce passion for.
I was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, which for me meant growing up watching Hulk Hogan and the WWE. Yes, I was a Hulkamaniac! Wrestling and their larger-than-life babyfaces and heels was something I became fascinated with early. Wrestling was my world growing up, but never in a million years did i think i would become involved myself.
I got my start in 2001 and wrestling has taken me many different places.
Many of you may remember me as Sirelda when I was in TNA (Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling). Or as Jaime D on the independent circuit.
Bodybuilding is another of my passions. As a 15-year-old teenager, I wanted to have muscles like Cory Everson, 6-time Ms. Olympia. At 16, I started training and in 2000 competed in the Windsor Cup Bodybuilding show run by Nimrod King himself. I gained a lot of admiration and respect by people from the work I put into building my body. I loved standing out and being different. It’s one of the big influences why I became a wrestler.
And as it turns out, Hulk Hogan is one of my dearest friends today.
- Won TNA Gutcheck in 2004 (won $4K and 10 weeks of special TNA training)
- Tore my ACL in each knee and had reconstructive surgery in each knee
- Six (6) trips to Japan, winning women’s championships against some of the toughest Japanese female wrestlers
- Wrestled and trained in Holland
- Mentored by WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan, Trish Stratus, Superstar Billy Graham and Afa The Wild Samoan
- Currently working on becoming “The Sister” (more on that later)
So why am I here at MMA Crossfire?
The answer is to inspire and motivate you to make your dreams a reality. By sharing mine.
I’m here for you and for myself to be held accountable while working hard at becoming my best and highest self.
You’ll see videos, pictures, and lots of crazy stuff that is my life and wrestling journey.
I love feedback! Hit me up on @JaimeD123 or email below.
See you soon.