I often get approached in the gym with the question: “What do I have to do to look like you?”
I’ve found most people think there is a magic pill they can take or some huge secret to achieve the look they want, but I’m here to dispel that myth. I want to give you a small glimpse into my world by taking you on a detailed journey of my day.
Keep in mind I’m currently in show preparation as it is the season, but minus some cardio sessions and coach meetings, my offseason routine would not be too different than what you see here.
- 7:00AM – Step on the scale to get morning weight and advise coach of the details, take digestive protocol to prepare the body for the 1st meal and take vitamins
- 7:15AM – Eat 1st meal
- 8:15AM – Go to the gym for a touch up workout for a select body part, abdominal exercises and 30 minutes of cardio
- 9:30AM – Eat 2nd meal, go to work
- 12:30PM – Eat 3rd meal while at work
- 2:30PM – Pick up kids from school, help with their homework and chores, prepare meals for the rest of the day
- 3:30PM – Eat 4th meal which is for pre-workout
- 4:30PM – Go to the gym for a full, intense workout for specific body part, intense and timed posing session, 10 to 20 minutes of cardio based on coach’s direction
- 6:30PM – Eat 5th meal which is post workout, this meal consists of solid foods, this meal is eaten in the car while in the parking lot after the gym, meet with coach for daily evaluation and instructions for the next day
- 8:00PM – Eat 6th meal which consists of heavy protein and heavy carbohydrate
- 9:00PM – Prepare meals for the next day, touch up practice on posing, check in with social media, answer emails and work on commitments and deadlines for sponsors and column, write out the plan for the next day
- 11:00PM – Eat 7th meal
- 11:30PM – Bedtime
I know what you are thinking…is he out of his mind?
The answer to that may possibly be YES.
However, I’m pursuing my dream, my passion and I don’t want to leave any room for doubt. What I mean by doubt is that I do not want to think could I or should I have done anything different, so if obsessed is what it takes, then you can color me obsessed.
I encourage everyone to figure out what they are passionate about and what they truly want out of life and direct all of their time, efforts and focus into working towards that place.
If you truly want something, then it is worth all of your hard work and effort. Don’t let anyone discourage or dissuade you from your true heart’s desire as not everyone values themselves enough to do what it takes to go after their dreams. Ask yourself: What do you want to be called? I’ll take obsessed everyday of the week.
If you have any insights or stories of success, I’d love to hear them so please reach out. I’m always looking for inspiration for both myself and others.
See you in the next one.