Natalie Hills added the vacant ANBF Australasian female super flyweight title to her mantle with a convincing unanimous decision victory over Linn Sandstrom.
The fight was a rematch of their July bout, which earned a split-draw majority decision. Hill, (1-0-1, 0 KOs), 33, made her boxing debut in that bout, moving from Muay Thai in which she won national titles in Australia, and then from MMA, having previously competed in ONE Championship.
The judges scored it 58-57, 59-55, and 58-56.
In 2018, Hills shared with The Crossfire her goals and intentions and it appears that she has followed through aggressively with her plans.
Hills took to Instagram to share some thoughts on the fight and her preparation.
Sandstrom (1-2-1, 0 KOs), 30, who represents Sweden and Brazil in addition to Australia, felt she landed the more damaging blows to earn the win.
Perhaps Australia could see a trilogy fight.
The bout was part of the “Footy Fight Xmas Bash” card, which was held at The Star Event Centre in Sydney, Australia on Dec. 22. The feature bout was Paul Gallen vs. Darcy Lussick.
The full card results were:
- Paul Gallen def. Darcy Lussick by TKO (R3)
- Harry Garside def. Sachin Mudaliar by TKO (R1, referee stoppage)
- Joey Leilua def. Chris Heighington by unanimous decision
- Taylan May def. Freddy Lussick by unanimous decision
- Sam Goodman def. Richie Mepranum by TKO (R6) – wins WBA Oriental super bantamweight title
- Justin Hodges def. Nathan Ross by majority decision (38-38, 39-38, 39-37)
- Tavita Vaoga def. Alex Simon via disqualification (R2, tripped opponent)
- Ella Boot def. Enja Prest by unanimous decision (40-36, 40-36, 40-36)
- Natalie Hills def. Linn Sandstrom by unanimous decision (58-57, 59-55, 58-56)
- Malakay Moukayber vs. Kate McLaren – majority draw (38-38, 38-38, 39-37)